I want to write and tell stories.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Aussie Humour

These guys are trapped about a kilometre underground after an earthquake brought down sections of the mine. It was 5 days before they were found to be alive. It is going to take at least another 2 days to get them out. They are still there as I type this.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19007354-28793,00.html

Where's the humour?

One of the things one of them asked for was a newspaper, Saturday's paper to be exact.

Why?

He wanted to look for another job.........

Can't argue with that logic.

I wonder how long 'til someone buys the rights to the story off them(and they deserve it for surviving.....and I hope the family of the bloke who died gets some as well)

What music would you want on your ipod if you were entombed underground?

cheers
Dave

3 Comments:

At 2:38 am, Blogger Lianne said...

Well, my current i-Pof favourite is the album Takk by Sigur Ros which I tend to listen to when writing - the lyrics are in Norweigan so they can't distract me! But I think they would be a good option for being underground as their music tends to make think of clouds for some reason, so maybe that would help. But just thinking about being stuck underground is making me feel claustraphobic so I'm not sure any kind of music would get me through it.

 
At 10:39 am, Blogger Konrad West said...

While I hope someone buys the rights to these guys' story (so they get a bit of money), I hope they never actually make a film about it.

Stories like this invariably make crap movies, as the writers are forced to drag out a 10 minute story into 2 hours.

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Grubber said...

I know what you're saying there, but to me it could be interesting if they show enough of how they actually rescued these guys.

Mind you a documentary would keep me satisfied on that front.

I always love seeing how things work behind the scenes. I think that helps with wanting to be a screenwriter, having that high level of curiosity.

I was over at Couran Cove Island resort the other day and met a guy who installs perimeter security and systems to defuse lightening strikes,(lightening rods, and spikes in the ground, etc) got to speak to him for about 30mins...very interesting, well to me anyway.

My inner geek is showing! :)
cheers
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter