I want to write and tell stories.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Commuting does this to you........

For once the screenwriter comes off best! ;-)

A screenwriter, sitcom writer, and copywriter for an ad agency are sitting discussing their sex lives over a few beers.

The screenwriter says, when I make love to my wife it is like one of my screenplays, over an 90 minutes long, with many different twists and turns and a climatic ending.

The sitcom writer responds, we have a couple of kids, so we normally only have 30minutes or so, but we have lots of fun in that time.

The copywriter says fuck off.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Funny joke! Or could the punline be: The copy writer started by saying 'prepare yourself for the greatest sexual story you've ever heard - " but was done in thirty seconds!

Love the "studio exec" note joke, though that energy is never what one really wants. We all pray to hear - "hey, they have no notes!" which of course never happens. Ah well.

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

LMAO, you non-one wants to be the copywriter!

Well if I win, you can still have LA, I reckon I would have to pay to much customs to get it back down here! ;-)

Race is on, competition is always a good motivator.....so should we set a date? For final submissions that is!

And here is another I thought of, if we both have it finished on time, should we give them both to another aspiring SW to judge? Or if one of the pros wants to step up and be part of this little Cannonball Run shennagins please feel free! ;-) I really should be a masochist....oh wait, that's right I want to write movies/tv shows for a living.....I already am one! ;-)

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

that should have been yeah on the first line!! bloody fingers!

 
At 5:40 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Thanks Phil, but I must admit, I thought about a longer punchline, but I love those quick short sharp punchlines, and being of convict stock, swearing comes naturally! Could also be the Scottish ancestory. ;-)

Yes, no notes would be good, and someone of your calibre can hope not to get them, I could only hope at this stage, the notes are not larger than the actual screenplay! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter