I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Interesting

Just read where Judi Dench was refused an appearance on Today, Good Morning America and one other show, because she did not fit their demographics. Very sad. Harvey Weinstein was quoted in the article, so I don't think he would have much cause to annoy these shows unnecessarily, but could be wrong.

The next one I read was Francis Ford Coppola comparing making good movies to making a fine wine. He said with fine wine you start with the grapes, for movies, you start with the work you do with the actors. Call me crazy, but I would have thought the script was the foundation. :) What do I know? Does that mean the script is the manure maybe? :)

cheers
Dave.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the Dame probably said was: "Oh god do all those young people really want to see an old fart like me?" Which is exactly what she said when she appeared on a BBC breakfast show.

 
At 3:18 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

LOL....I must admit she is one person I would love to meet as I think she would be very down to earth. Loved her in Mrs Brown, and Billy Connolly is great in that as well. Who knew he would be such a good actor as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter