I want to write and tell stories.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Only in Australia...wait damnit, that's supposed to be America....what the hell? We have moron's as well? Bugger!

The post below explains it all. I cannot ad anything to it.

Out of the closet
From:
By Ben SharkeyFebruary 06, 2006


WANTING to dress up as a wardrobe to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe seemed like a reasonable request for one avid fan.After writing to Greater Union, Hoyts and the Dendy cinemas in January, asking for permission to sit in a theatre in his obstructive outfit, Milton Soskin did not receive a serious reply.

In his letter, the 25-year-old said he understood his 3mx4.5m costume might cause a problem for other viewers but he required a seat "in the middle, close to the front".

"Even though I will be sitting in your cinema dressed like a bedroom ornament, I promise not to draw any unwitting attention to myself," he wrote.

"I will not talk during the film ... my mobile phone will most definitely be turned off ... In short I will be the perfect cinema patron. It's just that I will be wearing a wardrobe."

Mr Soskin said yesterday: "I never heard back from Hoyts. The Dendy told me they weren't screening it but if I wanted to come out of the closet I could come and watch Brokeback Mountain."

When The Daily Telegraph contacted the Greater Union Megaplex in the Macquarie Centre, North Ryde, a spokesman said he could watch a screening yesterday dressed in his outfit made of plywood, gaffer tape and IKEA door handles free of charge.

But Mr Soskin had to go by himself.
"My friends said they wouldn't be in it. They were pretty emphatic," he said.
"I chose the wardrobe because ... when you first see it there is a real sense of wonder about what is on the other side."
Link below in case you want to actually see his costume. This proves there are people with too much time on their hands, and way too many drugs in this world.

http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,18051486-7485,00.html

cheers
Dave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter