I want to write and tell stories.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Calling Casting Directors

So there is talk of a movie on the Beaconsfield Mine Accident, which is not unusual, I think it could be quite a good movie myself.

My question is, which Aussie actors would you cast as these two?

I am having a hard time coming up with anyone suitable.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So far I can only think of Dave O'Neil(comedian) for Brant Webb(on the right),


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and either Aaron Jeffrey (actor), or William McInnes(actor) for Todd Russell.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Any other suggestions???

cheers

Dave

4 Comments:

At 11:42 am, Blogger Konrad West said...

That casting looks pretty good, but I don't think there's actually a movie in there. How do the characters grow/change/etc?

They just still there at the bottom of the mine and get rescued.

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

I would imagine you might concentrate on the rescue team and their activities...their goal, get them out, the tasks, a rescue that had never been attempted in underground mining before.

Highlights, getting through after a few days and being able to touch them but having to go another route. The interaction with the paramedics, etc.

You have the families, the press, Richard Carlton dying.

As for change, Todd Russell said himself, he changed down there, his family became the most important thing. Brant agreed with him if I remember correctly.

There is the odd couple aspect, they weren't close friends before they went down, and came up best of friends, even though they had nothing in common. There is some change there.

I think the hard part would be whittling down all the stories into 2 hours.

I reckon you could make a good movie out of it...would not be easy though...then again, when is it :)
cheers
Dave

 
At 2:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell Crowe and Anthony LaPaglia heh

 
At 12:10 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

LOL MQ, RC would probably be happy to do it, but I am thinking AL is a bit old for the part(great actor though!)

RC might be a bit dangerous on set with big drills and the like to toss around :)
cheers
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter