I want to write and tell stories.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The clock is ticking.........

We've all heard about it, cursed it, praised it, cried into our pillows thinking about it, and realised it is not a bad idea.

Matt at The Daily Pitch is organizing it. Yes, he most probably does push little children off their bikes for pleasure, there could also be a few babies missing their candy, but he is the organisor of this little fun two week hell hole. :) So big thanks to Matt for it. I may be able to do it this time, and will certainly try. Work and beers permitting.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Think about it, the guys down the mine, if they had a laptop, FD or MMS, they could have written the movie whilst they were down there. Easy! :)

cheers

Dave

10 Comments:

At 1:35 am, Blogger Lee said...

Yes. Join us. Joiiiin ussssss.

 
At 8:49 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Lee, you make it sound like joining Scientology. Is Tom going to participate?

Do we get to play with the sonogram? I want to see what my insides look like after years of meat pies and beer :)
cheers
Dave

 
At 10:49 am, Blogger James said...

Dave, I think we need to get everyone we know who has a writing blog onto this, and commit to sharing the (possibly rotten) fruits of our labour afterwards. I'm in!

Actually, I can't believe I'm saying this. I have a weekend away (Anniversary) during it and it's also the busiest time of the year at work.

Ah, screw it! Nothing wrong with a bit of hard work.

I'm still in!

What about you, Dave?

J.

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Grubber said...

At first I was like no, not for me, but as of last couple of days am giving it serious consideration.

I might cheat though :) and use a script I have started and just finish that one. It still has a long way to go, but it is worth it just to finish.

I would say I am in at this stage.
cheers
Dave

 
At 10:11 am, Blogger James said...

Good news! Let's hope it stays that way because, in the incomparable words of Nurse Laverne Roberts, "You don't have to apologise to me. You will have to answer to Jesus."

J.

 
At 10:56 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Gods a screenwriter as well......how the hell do you compete against THAT!

Love the Laverne long time!
cheers
Dave

 
At 5:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring it!

Specials on MillionDollarScreenwriting stuff if you sign up!

 
At 8:24 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Yep saw that Chris. I actually think your method could be very useful, but like I said to Matt, I want to get a couple of scripts under my belt the hard way, and then look at different methods. This is just me....I seem to do better if I force myself to do something and then look at the instruction manual.....don't know why :)
cheers
Dave

 
At 6:02 am, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

No way I can do it. I rarely find time to go to the bathroom.

 
At 8:30 am, Blogger Grubber said...

There are devices to help solve that problem Maryan :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter