I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Crafty Screenwriting

Well it arrived yesterday, about 2 weeks earlier than expected, can't have come UPS then!

I have read about two pages, and I must admit I am hugely disappointed already.....where is the centrefold girl? I reckon the customs guys took it.....don't all books have nekkid girls in the centre? If this is not a mistake, I have a suggestion for any follow-up book.

Okay, heading home shortly, will get to read some tonight, not too much, I have a Xmas deadline for one of my scripts.

Jay from http://jaybutler.blogspot.com/ and I are taking up my silly suggestion and are going to see if we can finish our own screenplay by Xmas. Winner gets to keep LA. His is Tidewater Bandits, mine is titled Desktop Soldier. Friendly competition is always good fun!

I will have to get one of those progress bars and after about a week shoot it up to 90% just to but the pressure on Jay ;-) Play with his mind(insert maniacal laugh);-)

cheers
Dave.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 pm, Blogger JimMiller said...

I've heard good things about that book, but I haven't read it myself. I'm interested in what you think of it. Keep us posted.

 
At 7:21 am, Blogger Grubber said...

I feel so dirty, I've been blammed!

and hardly anyone reads this blog...why would they bother!?

 
At 9:06 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Am up to around page 80 so far, and yes, some helpful things in there for sure. Funny thing is, and this is without a word of a lie.....the main points Alex pushes in this book are things I have been doing.....I sort of figured it out myself..and have been doing them.....so THAT has made me extremely happy.

Things like the hook and reverse engineering the characters...for my first story anyway....for others the characters have come first.

Will let you know how it goes! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter