I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Crowe VS Clooney


This article reproduced below:
________________________________________
Clooney ... raising more questions about Russell's integrity.

LET'S get ready to rumble. In what is now firmly established as Hollywood's battle of the heavyweights, the latest blow has been delivered in the bitter feud between Cinderella Man tough guy Russell Crowe and fellow Tinseltown giant George Clooney.Ocean's Twelve star Clooney has hit back at Ragin' Rusty for attacking him about his commercial endorsements - completing round four in the pair's series of public bust-ups this year.

"I don't like artists who attack other artists. I have a problem with that," Clooney said.
"Russell tried to pick a fight with me and I tried to make a joke out of it - but he came at me again."

Rusty, who's no stranger to the odd verbal or physical bout, rang the initial bell on the feud in February when he claimed Clooney and screen legends Harrison Ford and Robert de Niro had broken the "social contract" with their audiences by appearing in ads.

Clooney, who has appeared in ads for Martini, Fiat and Toyota, jumped straight off the canvas, firing back with a shot at Rusty and his band, 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts.

"I'm glad he set us straight. Harrison, Bob and I were putting a band together called Grunting For 30 Feet, and that would also fall under the heading 'bad use of celebrity'. Thanks for the heads up," Clooney said at the time.

In round three, Rusty again came out swinging, saying: "I had a good laugh when Clooney tried to compare doing ads for suits, a car and a drink to what I do as a musician. An endorsement is about money. My music is from the heart."

Who knows where this title fight could end up.
______________________________________
Personally, I think old Rusty has stepped in front of too many phones himself.
Too commercial? Breaking social contract with audience?
His music is from his heart......I have heard his music, it is from somewhere in his body, but I really suspect it is from an area about a foot and a half lower than his heart.
The $20 odd million or so a picture he earns is morally right?
I mean really, who is shitting who here?
Here's hoping Georgey boy comes out on top......and I cannot think of one reason why he wont.
cheers
Dave.
PS yes, Crowe is an Australian citizen, but that does not stop you from being a dick.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell needs to learn that the Reverse Publicity where you do really stupid things, actually does more harm than good in the Big Picture

 
At 8:53 pm, Blogger Danny Stack said...

I seriously worry over the state of Rusty's mental health. A terrific actor, no question, but a complete arse, absolutely.

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

He sure made a scene at the BAFTA's a few years ago.

Over a freakin' poem.

I mean if it was the old roses are red, ditty to his wife......I can understand the commotion! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter