I want to write and tell stories.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Hitcher

The Hitcher is my favourite horror/thriller type movie, and I have only watched it twice. Once back in the eighties, and again a few years ago. As with a lot of them, once you take the suspense away, it is not nearly as enjoyable, which is always unfortunate.

A few weeks ago, might be longer, the script appeared on Drews Scriptorama, the actual link below.

http://www.hundland.com/scripts/TheHitcher.pdf

What amazed me from this script, was how little dialogue there is in it, yet, it conveys so much.

When the pro's talk about film being a visual medium and to always try and show more, talk less, I reckon this is a great example of how to do it. Give it a read and see what you reckon.

If you have never seen the movie and want to be disturbed, make sure you rent this one, you'll never eat a bowl of chips again :).

Enjoy,
cheers
Dave.

EDIT: In a bizarre twist, I was just reading Clarkblog for the first time in months, and his latest post is on the screenwriter for the Hitcher, Eric Red.....sad story.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and of course the real horror being it is on schedule to be remade

 
At 9:58 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Sadly I did read that afterwards....I found a bit about it, C Thomas Howells character will now be female.

It's funny I can see them replacing nearly all characters, except John Ryder/Rutgur Hauer. He was brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter