I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, November 04, 2005

We have a Winner

Any of you aspiring SW's like myself, who have not checked out this blog by Security Dog, do so now.

He has actually sold a script to Hollywood from here in Oz. Okay he had to travel there and take a few meetings, a week or so ago (who wouldn't), BUT, he has done it. He has been tantalizing/torturing us over a few days now, leeching the story out slowly.

I have only one thing to say about that.

WASN'T THE ASHES ENOUGH PAIN AND SUFFERING??????

What did it come down to?

Quality of script. Sound familiar?

Back to writing.

Here's a big CONGRATULATIONS to Security Dog! Well Done!

cheers
Dave.

7 Comments:

At 5:28 pm, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks for that suggested read, it was great to get some inside scoop!

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

My pleasure writergurl.

Happy to help where I can! Hope your treatment goes well and you get the gig, that would be bloody fantastic.

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger James said...

I thought that "selling-a-script-from-outside-Tinseltown" thing was a myth!

Maybe us Aspiring ASSes aren't quite as deluded as everyone else thinks.

Well done Security Dog!

Let's see who makes it next...

J.

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Good point James. So does this make Security Dog a successful ASS? Is he now expelled from the club because he has sold something.......I think we need at least two days and a couple of cartons to revise these rules.

Or maybe SD becomes patron of the club? Drinks are on him? ;-)

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger Konrad West said...

He has to be the chief. And we can have a nice ASS crest with a smiling dog with two buckets of green.

To the chief!

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

I had the pleasure of meeting two successful screenwriters at the Austin Film Festival who do NOT live in Hollywood - Bob Soderstrom and Bill True.

Bill True's film RUNAWAY actually won the audience award for narrative feature this year. AND he doesn't even have an agent!

So - yes - 'tis possible to do it from elsewhere. Even from Australia.

You guys have Outback Steakhouses there?

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

I don't think we have Outback Steakhouses here......got the old bbq, pretty close I reckon ;-) I believe they are pretty popular over there?

The AFF appeals to my drunken err genuine desire to educate myself in all aspects of screenwriting as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter