I want to write and tell stories.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Working Class Man

Well, depending on what happens in the next 24 hours or so, I might be a bit light on the ground for the next few weeks. Not that it will cause any dip in the stock market, nor masses of single girls wringing their hands, and threatening self mutilation over it. That was last week when I went topless in public.

Anyway.....wife and I are in process of trying to buy a business here in Oz. It is a fantastic opportunity, we knew the previous owners and what they achieved with it, and the current owner has well, not operated it to its full capacity. Wife and I have the experience, so we have bitten the bullet and are sourcing all that fun stuff at the moment to buy it. You know, money, lawyers, etc.

Won't stop me writing, but will take away some uncertainity of my present profession, which, I believe, over the next 10 years, will be greatly reduced, if not disappearing all together. History just about guarantees it will go.

Some may look on this as giving up on writing. Not so, just the pragmatist(sp?) in me. When you have kids you can't, well I can't, not make every endeavour to take care of their welfare first, my dreams second.

Best part is, if it comes off, the business has a website and I can post the link so you can have a good laugh.....you will love the website....it is so well structured, easy to read, and professional in it's present form....not. ;-)

Let's just say it would be a good place for writers to come if they want a serene location, with beer, near Brisbane. ;-)

cheers
Dave.

3 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger Steve Peterson said...

Sounds like it may be very cool -- and a beer in a serene location near Brisbane would be awfully nice...

 
At 8:49 am, Blogger Konrad West said...

You're buying a pub, aren't you?

 
At 2:02 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Very close Konrad, very close. Even if it does not come off I will give link to have a look. Confidentiality stuff at present.

Yep Steve, nice wide verandahs and all.....even get my cousins in the trees. I think I have an idea for the nightly house special?;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter