I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, March 31, 2006

PSP Movies

I have never really been a fan of watching movies on a PSP, they are small and portable, but to me you would just use those portable DVD players instead. I don't own one, but have seen one played. Was not overly impressed when I saw it. I am all for alternate distribution models, but I never thought this one would take off.

Interesting article about them, here .

They are looking at making the PSP capable of connecting to your TV to play the movies, but again I ask, you (well nearly everyone does) have a DVD player already, what's the attraction.

Will it save the PSP UMD movies? Not sure.

cheers
Dave

2 Comments:

At 1:43 am, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

This puzzles me, too. It's great for the long road trips and bored kids, but how is it any better than a portable DVD player? Dunno. My son has a PSP and owns ONE movie.

 
At 11:33 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Distracted, or just depressed over that movie? :)

Maryan, yes, like you, for games I understand, but DVD's, not so much. I don't know what prices are like there, but last time I took any notice, they were over $30 here, and we can get normal DVD's much cheaper. Goes back to that whole buying a license rather than buying the media discussion :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter