I want to write and tell stories.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday

What else can you call a post posted on a Sunday?

Okay, starting new job tomorrow, heading to Melbourne to train for a week, then off to National Conference(timing!) to see how many brain cells I can destroy and still be able to remember my name.

Due to Richard at Scriptweaver posting about shorts at Inktip.com I posted one short I have up there. Have had a number of enquiries to date, and one guy who wants to produce it once he has his current short out of the way. So, nothing huge, but it's a start. :) If you have a short ready, give inktip.com a go, can't hurt, unless you want to shot it yourself of course. Thanks for that tip Richard!

Just watching Prehistoric Park with my daughter. Lots of fun etc, but I only want to see one thing. Steve Irwin guest starring one week. Tell me that would not be fun to watch! :)

Have fun, if I am light on posts over next two weeks you know why, not sure when I get new work laptop and leaving this one here for my wife.

cheers
Dave

3 Comments:

At 1:11 pm, Blogger writergurl said...

Congrats on the new J O B!

 
At 10:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering more about Inktip - have checked out their website which is obviously American. I've had shorts made in Australia and know standard rates and contracts here - do you know what the deal is over there? Eg, if the producer you mentioned does buy your script, what ball park figure do you think it will go for? Would the contract be similar to an Australian contract in regard to rights etc?
Thanks, Luci

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Thanks WG!

Luci,
with shorts all you generally get offerred is a copy of the film and writing credit. Personally, shorts don't seem to make money, they seem more along the line of an example of one's work, so it doesn't worry me, would love to get a DVD with my name in the credits.....think I might need a beer after seeing that.
cheers
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter