I want to write and tell stories.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Racing Update

Hi All,

We're off and racing......and there's been a protest!

Okay, so what I thought might be the case, is the case. Producer who owns movie rights, still does, and he has a script he is happy with. In fact, the book I read, was based on the script, not the other way around....probably explains why it was only 166 pages long! ;-)

The producer was nice in his reply, so I checked with my mate about whether he still wanted to help if the movie ever got made by supplying any documentation he has, that they might need. Emailed the producer back, and gave contact details for my friend and thanked him for his time and for replying, etc. I was actually happy to get a reply.

In the email, I took a chance and asked if it was possible for him to produce and fund a $100 million dollar movie.

Okay, no, was not that forward, going to wait for first date ;-) However, did ask that, mabye in the future,(yes, I was just about standing with my head down making figures with my toe in the sand here) whether we could get together, me supplying either drinks, dinner or both, and perhaps he would consider looking at some of my screenplays, just for feedback, etc. Will let you know if I get a reply, I don't expect one! ;-) Ya gotta try!

I can let you know who he was the manager, producer for. He is an Aussie, and I only have to say one word. Crikey! ;-) So, yes, you can see he would have had to have contacts in HW. All good fun, learnt a little about how to research stuff like movie rights, etc.

He was nice in his reply, I learnt a little, so good experience overall.

cheers
Dave.

7 Comments:

At 4:55 pm, Blogger Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

No harm in asking. I was always told that if I don't ask, I won't get (but I always had to add 'please')

Ok, I'll have a guess:

Crikey: Paul Hogan?

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Nope, think Zoo...........;-)

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

Steve Irwin (or however you spell his last name), the crock hunter?

 
At 3:51 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Bingo! ;-)

 
At 3:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy testicle Tuesday Batman! You know Steve Irwin?!?

 
At 12:21 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

nope, but have been in contact with his producer/director. I think I prefer knowing his producer/director, from a career point of view.

I was typical Aussie that though Steve was full of it, and a pain in the *&^. However, I went to his Australia Zoo last year, as you do with young kids...and he was very entertaining, and actually came across as very genuine.

I grew up in Caloundra not far from his Zoo, a couple of people I know did go to school with him, and do say he has always been like that.

 
At 12:23 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Sorry, and welcome Konrad, glad to see you found my little dumpy of the internet.

Next week I am putting in carpet and curtains. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter